This is a quick, simple mixed leaf salad which you can put with any lean protein for a tasty Sirtfood, Burnday supper. For an extra Sirtfood punch try it with grilled chicken breast which has been heavily seasoned with turmeric. Just liberally sprinkle your chicken breast with turmeric. Let it marinade a while (say 30 mins). Grill it on a griddle. Slice it up and toss it into the salad.
- rocket - a handful
- chicory leaves - a handful
- half an avocado - sliced
- walnuts, half a dozen or so halves, chopped
- celery - 3 sticks, sliced
- red onion - half a small one, sliced
For the dressing
- capers - 1 tbsp (with a bit of brine if you like) and chopped if they're lovely big fat ones
- extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbsp
- 1/4 lemon - juiced
- small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- small handful of celery leaves (or lovage if you can find it), finely chopped
Chuck it all together in a nice big bowl and add...
- slices of grilled chicken breast in turmeric
- slice of smoked salmon
- chunks of tuna - fresh and grilled if you can or tined if you prefer
- or Puy lentils even cooked in a bit of stock.
I think it's the walnuts and capers which give this an extra depth of flavour and they're big on the Sirt nutrients too. Capers in particular are off the scale, so I hope you like them,