Oriental Orange Chicken Salad
The last salad I want to highlight is this deliciously sweet concoction.
- The juice of about ¼ of an orange
- Half an orange worth of grated rind
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- A teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- A teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- A teaspoon of soy sauce
Shake it all up.
- 100g cooked chicken torn into pieces
- Half a red pepper – sliced
- Two spring onions - chopped
- A handful of mange tout
- A few sugar snap peas
- Half an orange – flesh roughly chopped
- Half a cos lettuce – torn up
- A few inches worth of Chinese leaf - chopped
- A handful of coriander - chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds
Combine everything except the seeds in a big salad bowl, dress and toss well. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top.