Not quite the full carbonara hit, but in terms of the flavours, it's pretty good. And well worth knowing.
Into the frying pan:
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into thin strips
- 1 rasher of well trimmed smoked bacon, finely chopped
- half a red onion, finely sliced
- a clove of garlic, squashed and chopped
- 1 spiralised courgette (go back a page)
- micro drop of olive oil
In a bowl:
- 2 tbl spoons of 0% fat greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbl spoon of grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Fry the bacon, onion, garlic and chicken in a tiny drop of olive oil until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon crispy - around five minutes.
Meanwhile, mix your yoghurt, eggs and parmesan in a bowl ready to add in later.
Add the courgetti to the pan and cook for another few minutes so that it has softened and mixed well.
Take the pan off the heat and pour in the egg, cheese and yoghurt mixture. Stirr it all up well as the eggs cook in the hot courgetti. Season and serve immediately with more cracked black pepper on hand.