This is my go-to, anytime, chuck it all in delicious salad.
- 2 eggs
- Choose two from:
- 50g lean ham, torn into strips
- 50gs of chicken torn to chunks
- 50gs of rare roast beef / steak
- Or if you want to push the boat out go for two of the above.
- 100g or so of you favourite salad leaves – how about pea shoots, rocket and baby spinach?
- Half an avocado (as a treat…) chopped into chunks
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- a few mushrooms, sliced
- a couple of inches of cucumber - cubed
- cauliflower-pizza base croutons – if you make some a batch of cauliflower rice for the week it’s useful at times like this. Otherwise just virtually dry fry some chunks of wholegrain bread or roast them in a lightly oiled tray.
- dressing of your choice (see the Fast section)
Combine everything in a big salad bowl, dress and toss well. And of course anything goes – radishes, pomegranate seeds, celery, carrot, red pepper, spring onion. If you’re Spanish then some sweet corn kernels and a couple of spears of white asparagus. Or to take a different tack, just strip it down and focus on the steak. Griddle a couple of small steaks. Let them rest and slice them. Then make a salad of baby spinach, ½ avocado, mushrooms and red peppers. Toss it well in a garlic vinaigrette. Serve between two plates and lay the steak on top.